Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Neville Agius <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 17:37:58 UTC

Mahout for detecting fake profiles in social networks!

I am currently searching an interesting topic for my MSc dissertation in
Internet Systems. One interesting area is the detection of fake profiles or
fraudulent activities in social networks. Is Mahout good for this purpose?
And if it is can someone enlighten me with a good place/area to start with
since I am new to Mahout. Thanks.Neville

Re: Mahout for detecting fake profiles in social networks!

Posted by Neville Agius <na...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dan for you informative comments

Neville

Posted by Dan Brickley <da...@danbri.org>.

Posted by Neville Agius <na...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ted I will definately take your suggestion.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.