Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Shivadeep Gundoju <Sh...@techwave.net> on 2016/07/20 12:11:49 UTC

Manage datatypes in nifi

Hello Team,

     I am new to Nifi  . I have used above link to put twitter tweets to solr documents(https://blogs.apache.org/nifi/entry/indexing_tweets_with_nifi_and)

     I am stuck with one problem
    I want  twitter_created_at_s:/created_at     to be stored as Date datatype but this is by default saving it as string in solr document.
    Please help me . how to convert this particular field from string to Date ?

Thanks in advance
Shivadeep.G

Re: Manage datatypes in nifi

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

This is more about Solr than NiFi...

The example is using Solr's dynamic field feature where a field name with
"_s" at the end means it is a string. For a date it is "_dt" at the end.

You can see the dynamic field types typically available here:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/67b638880d81fbb11abfbfc1ec93a5f3d86c3d3b/solr/server/solr/configsets/basic_configs/conf/managed-schema#L153

Keep in mind that when using a date type rather than a string, the value of
"created_at" will have to be in a date format that Solr accepts.

-Bryan