Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Sagar <ku...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/22 20:12:25 UTC

Required element for Workflow.xml in Taverna Mobile

Hi folks,
     I am parsing Workflow.xml file and I am getting the error while
parsing because some elements are not there . So can you provide me with
must-have the element list in Workflow.xml ?

--

*With warm regards  *
*Sincerely yours*

*Student ,(6th Semester )B.Tech IT and mathematical innovation*
*Cluster Innovation Centre*
*University of Delhi *

Re: Required element for Workflow.xml in Taverna Mobile

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
I am not sure what you mean by "Workflow.xml".. is this from
myExperiment API you mean?  I think there is no XSD, but there is
documentation on http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Developer:API

Sadly http://wiki.myexperiment.org/index.php/Developer:WorkflowsResource
does not indicate what is optional or not.. Perhaps Finn (CCed) has
information?

I think this is the corresponding Ruby on Rails model:

https://github.com/myExperiment/myExperiment/blob/master/app/models/workflow.rb

and
https://github.com/myExperiment/myExperiment/blob/master/app/models/workflow_version.rb

Although I must admit I can't see from the controller how XML or JSON
is returned.. (is it automatic?)

https://github.com/myExperiment/myExperiment/blob/master/app/controllers/workflows_controller.rb

And here is how the myExperiment perspective within the Taverna
Workbench parses the workflows.xml results:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-workbench/blob/master/taverna-perspective-myexperiment/src/main/java/org/apache/taverna/ui/perspectives/myexperiment/model/Workflow.java#L228

(It seems to assume most attributes are optional)

If you mean the Taverna Server API, then there should be (possible to
generate) an XSD as it is made using JAXB @annotations with CXF.
Donal, any ideas?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: Required element for Workflow.xml in Taverna Mobile

Posted by Sagar <ku...@gmail.com>.
 Deserialization of XML is failing in description attribute.

I think some element are necessary. So if you provide me xsd then it will
less error prone .

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello