Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2016/09/30 13:26:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Felix Http Base 3.0.14, Http Bridge 3.0.14, and Http Jetty 3.3.0

I would like to call a vote on the following subproject releases:

Http Base 3.0.14 (2 issues)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12338092

Http Bridge 3.0.14 (2 issues)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12338093

Http Jetty 3.3.0 (3 issues)
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12338094

Staging repositories:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1140/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 1140 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Http Base 3.0.14, Http Bridge 3.0.14, and Http Jetty 3.3.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Checked signatures, did some basic tests.

+1 (binding)

thanks Carsten;

regards
/Pierre

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Karl Pauls wrote

> Looks good to me after you latest change of adding a NOTICE  (minor nitpick
> is that this way we still have too broad a source NOTICE but oh well :-).

Thanks Karl!

 Carsten

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Karl Pauls wrote
> > Hm, I think we are running into on of the NOTICE in the root of the
> bundle
> > svn issues again.
> >
> > Both, Bridge and Jetty do not get their NOTICE copied into their binary
> jar
> > causing the somewhat awkward situation that the source artifacts have a
> > NOTICE claiming they contain code from the OSGi Alliance and from Mortbay
> > but they really don't - while the binary artifacts have a NOTICE that
> > doesn't mention neither but they actually do contain classes from both.
> >
> > IIRC, the solution is to use the append-resources for the NOTICE and than
> > it should work correctly. As with other cases, I personally think that
> is a
> > -1 as I don't like shipping binaries which violate licenses but I can
> live
> > with being overruled by the majority provided we fix this in trunk.
> >
> @Karl: I've correct this now in trunk, bridge contains only OSGi code,
> and http.jetty code from OSGi and Eclipse
> All is licensed under Apache 2.0, so no need for a NOTICE, but I listed
> everything in the DEPENDENCIES file.
>
> Could you please verify that everything looks good now?

Looks good to me after you latest change of adding a NOTICE  (minor nitpick
is that this way we still have too broad a source NOTICE but oh well :-).

regards,

Karl

Thanks

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Http Base 3.0.14, Http Bridge 3.0.14, and Http Jetty 3.3.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Karl Pauls wrote

[VOTE CANCELLED] Release Apache Felix Http Base 3.0.14, Http Bridge 3.0.14, and Http Jetty 3.3.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Thanks for spotting Karl - I assume we have this problem with all of the
http releases for quiet some time now. However, as I think we should fix
this as, I'll hereby cancel the vote.
Let's get it fixed and then cut a new release.

Regards
Carsten

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--