Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/08 05:44:58 UTC

Re: [ANN] First call for 3.5.4 release

On Wed 16 May 2018 at 12:57, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, MNG-6388 is a release blocker IMHO as it a regression introduced by
> the upgrade of wagon in 3.5.3.
>
> So we need a wagon release with at least WAGON-496, WAGON-518, WAGON-513
> + WAGON-514
>
> (WAGON-452 is optional from my PoV... up to whoever steps up as release
> manager for Wagon to decide the scope of wagon changes)

Are we ready now, Michael?

> SCM-797 is not a regression in 3.5.3, so not a blocker...
> SCM-763 is not a regression in 3.5.3 as it was affecting earlier versions,
> so not a blocker...
> SCM-818 reported 2016, so not a blocker...
> SCM-866 doesn't seem new, only newly discovered
> SCM-875 is a variant of SCM-818
> SCM-888 looks like a testing gap
>
> So from my PoV none of the SCM changes are blocking a core release...
>
> My 72h window is thus suspended until the Wagon release is cut... once its
> cut I'll start my 72h window again... so you have until then to get the SCM
> changes baked and tested... otherwise they can wait for 3.5.5 or 3.6.x
>
> On 15 May 2018 at 21:09, Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Am 2018-05-15 um 21:44 schrieb Stephen Connolly:

>>> I don’t mind spinning a 3.5.5 after 3.5.4... though TBH depending on the
>>> scope of the wagon and scm changes, it might be better to call it 3.6.0
>>>
>>> A couple of quick releases in a row will help me automate the release
>>> process better... so at this point, more smaller releases is better than
>>> fewer bigger releases.
>>>

>> That would be fine with me.
>>
>> We’d said we’d do the ansi fixes as soon as they were ready, so i’d rather
>>> not hold back.
>>>
>>> Can you provide details of the changes you want so I can make an
>>> assessment?
>>>

>> Yes, for Wagon it is:
>> WAGON-452, WAGON-496, WAGON-518, WAGON-513 + WAGON-514 fix MNG-6388.
>> For SCM it is:
>> SCM-797, SCM-763, SCM-818, SCM-866, SCM-875 and SCM-888.
>>
>> Michael

Sent from my phone

Re: Re: [ANN] First call for 3.5.4 release

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
The critical thing is the two regressions: Wagon and JAnsi... everything
else either lands before I start the release on Monday/Tuesday or can wait
for the next release