Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Roberto Moreda <mo...@alfa21.com> on 2000/03/17 09:12:57 UTC

XSP tag-libs reload

Is there any way to develop and debug a library of logic tags (XSL with XSP
tags) without deleting the XSP repository and reseting cocoon?

This issue is only a little inconvenient, but think in changing a tag-lib in
a production environment with JServ in automatic mode (controlled by Apache).
Perhaps I'm in a big mistake, but by now I must kill the Jserv process.

Other big problem: the stability of the system with big loads. Try to put a
apache bench (ab) or a JMeter with 10 threads, and simultaneously do a
request from your browser. The application of the XSL isn't correct.

This is a great product, let's work to make it better... :)

Thanks in advance.

   Rober

BTW, I'm curious on real experiences in production environments with Cocoon,
like http://www.exoffice.org, I think I must ask in another forum... ;)
--
Roberto Moreda Alvarez
Alfa21 Outsourcing S.L.

Re: duplicate name error

Posted by Roberto Moreda <mo...@alfa21.com>.
On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 02:54:28PM -0400, Bo Li wrote:
> These days I often meet this problem. Sometimes my xml files run very well,
> but sometimes the following error will be reported:
>
> ***********************
> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Duplicate name at
> java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:219) at

Maybe you have two references to one class repository.

I had the same problem because I got two equal classpath entries : one in the
jserv.properties and other in the servlet-zone conf file.

--
Roberto Moreda Alvarez
Alfa21 Outsourcing S.L.

duplicate name error

Posted by Bo Li <bo...@groupserve.com>.
These days I often meet this problem. Sometimes my xml files run very well,
but sometimes the following error will be reported:

***********************
java.lang.ClassFormatError: Duplicate name at
java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:219) at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPClassLoader.loadClass(XSPCl
assLoader.java:90) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Compiled Code) at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaProcessor.load(XSPJavaP
rocessor.java:153) at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.loadPage(XSPProcessor.java:434)
at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code) at
org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code) at
org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:145) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:840) at
com.sun.server.ServletState.callService(ServletState.java:226) at
com.sun.server.ServletManager.callServletService(ServletManager.java:936) at
com.sun.server.ProcessingState.invokeTargetServlet(ProcessingState.java:423)
at
com.sun.server.http.HttpProcessingState.execute(HttpProcessingState.java:79)
at com.sun.server.http.stages.Runner.process(Runner.java:79) at
com.sun.server.ProcessingSupport.process(Compiled Code) at
com.sun.server.Service.process(Service.java:204) at
com.sun.server.http.HttpServiceHandler.handleRequest(HttpServiceHandler.java
:374) at com.sun.server.http.HttpServiceHandler.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
at com.sun.server.HandlerThread.run(Compiled Code)
**********

Re: XSP tag-libs reload

Posted by Roberto Moreda <mo...@alfa21.com>.
On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 01:21:24PM +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Roberto Moreda wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way to develop and debug a library of logic tags (XSL with XSP
> > tags) without deleting the XSP repository and reseting cocoon?
> >
> > This issue is only a little inconvenient, but think in changing a tag-lib in
> > a production environment with JServ in automatic mode (controlled by Apache).
> > Perhaps I'm in a big mistake, but by now I must kill the Jserv process.
>
> Both issues are already solved in the upcoming 1.7.1 release.

I can't achieve the expected behaviour.
I must delete the repository an reset Jserv.

Can someone send me a working configuration (servlet-zone file,
 cocoon.properties file, xsp taglib and xml file) with dynamic taglib
reload?

Thanks in advance.

   Rober

--
Roberto Moreda Alvarez
Alfa21 Outsourcing S.L.

Re: XSP tag-libs reload

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Roberto Moreda wrote:

> Is there any way to develop and debug a library of logic tags (XSL with XSP
> tags) without deleting the XSP repository and reseting cocoon?
>
> This issue is only a little inconvenient, but think in changing a tag-lib in
> a production environment with JServ in automatic mode (controlled by Apache).
> Perhaps I'm in a big mistake, but by now I must kill the Jserv process.
>
> Other big problem: the stability of the system with big loads. Try to put a
> apache bench (ab) or a JMeter with 10 threads, and simultaneously do a
> request from your browser. The application of the XSL isn't correct.
>
> This is a great product, let's work to make it better... :)

Both issues are already solved in the upcoming 1.7.1 release.

> Thanks in advance.
>
>    Rober
>
> BTW, I'm curious on real experiences in production environments with Cocoon,
> like http://www.exoffice.org, I think I must ask in another forum... ;)

Cocoon1 doesn't work well under heavy load because of memory issues. No
secrets about it.

But Cocoon2 will make a difference.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: XSP tag-libs reload

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
Roberto Moreda wrote:

> Is there any way to develop and debug a library of logic tags (XSL with XSP
> tags) without deleting the XSP repository and reseting cocoon?

Mostly touching the XML file helps with reloading associated XSP files,
but XSL files only reload when restarting cocoon.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung