Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by PW...@statestreet.com on 2001/02/27 16:03:25 UTC

length limit for xml

hi, there,

I am using xalan to do xslt transforamtion.  Everything is working fine.
But when the xml is very big (somewhere around 1MB), it breaks the code.
Is there any limit about the length of the xml?  If yes, how big is it?

Here is the part of code I am using and the program breaks at
"processor.process(data, style,result)"

 // Prepare an input source for the data
        XSLTInputSource data = null;
        if (body != null) {
            data = new XSLTInputSource(new StringReader(body));
            System.out.println ("Got XML source");
        }
        else
            data = getInputSource(nameXml, propertyXml, xml);

        // Prepare an input source for the stylesheet
        XSLTInputSource style =
            getInputSource(nameXsl, propertyXsl, xsl);
        // Prepare an output source for the results
        XSLTResultTarget result =
            new XSLTResultTarget(pageContext.getOut());
        // Create an XSLT processor and use it to perform the
transformation
        XSLTProcessor processor = null;
        try {
            processor = XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor();
            processor.process(data, style, result);
        } catch (SAXException e) {
        }

thanks and regards,