Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by manua <ag...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/05 21:12:34 UTC

Amazon EC2 and ActiveMQ : Inactive client disconnects

HI,

I am using ActiveMQ 5.8.0 setup on Amazon EC2 Ubuntu instance. The inactive
consumer connected from external networks got disconnected after some time,
but the same consumers when running internally works fine.

The external consumer works fine until there is flow of requests but if no
requests went through in last 1 hour, they disconnected. My transport
connector seconds are,

 <transportConnector name="stomp"
uri="stomp://0.0.0.0:61612?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&amp;wireformat.maxFrameSize=1048576000&amp;transport.keepAliveResponseRequired=true"/>
  <transportConnector name="stomp+nio"
uri="stomp+nio://0.0.0.0:61613?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0&amp;wireformat.maxFrameSize=1048576000&amp;transport.keepAliveResponseRequired=true"/>

Please let me know if you feel there is something wrong with the settings or
if we have to enable something else on Amazon ec2 instance.

Thanks
Manu

Re: Amazon EC2 and ActiveMQ : Inactive client disconnects

Posted by manua <ag...@gmail.com>.
I have already set wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration = 0, which is supposed to
disable the inactivity monitor.

Also, when I send request on the queue where this consumer was connected, I
got the following errors in the logs,

2013-06-05 15:56:17,667 | WARN  | Transport Connection to:
tcp://<client_ip>:3906 failed: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
| org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport | ActiveMQ NIO
Worker 5
2013-06-05 15:56:17,680 | WARN  | Transport Connection to:
tcp://<client_ip>:1230 failed: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
| org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Transport | ActiveMQ NIO
Worker 6

Re: Amazon EC2 and ActiveMQ : Inactive client disconnects

Posted by Paul Gale <pa...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps the options wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration and
wireFormat.maxInactivityDurationInitalDelay might help?

http://activemq.apache.org/configuring-wire-formats.html

Thanks,
Paul