Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jan Hoskens <jh...@schaubroeck.be> on 2004/06/08 08:14:14 UTC

Re: Regular Expression Extractor

As far as I know, the function works on the current response, so when you're
having sequences that always take the values from the response, then there's
no difference in both. But the extractor can be used to 'remember' the value
over the full period of time. So say if you're getting a unique id in a
response and this only once, and you need the same id  a few requests later,
the extractor will have that value, but you cannot get that from the
previous response, so cannot use the function.

That's what I thought the difference was,

Kind Regards,
Jan

Posted by Vladimir Tsygankov <Vl...@contera.sp.ru>.
Hello,
Can anybody tell me please is it possible to send two requests from a
test script the next way:
1. 1-st HTTP request is sent
2. Wait response from the server (it can be after any time: from 1 sec
to 5 minutes)
3. 2-nd request is sent exactly after the response has been received
As I understand usual timer element will not do. It needs an element
like function "wait".

Thanks in advance,
Vladimir