Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sanjeev Mishra <Sa...@timerasolutions.com> on 2001/04/30 17:22:18 UTC

New User

Hi! All :

I am new to struts. I am able to run the struts-documentation Application.
But while running the struts example application using tag Libraries i am
getting an error in the index.jap page telling that

"/index.jsp(3): Error in using tag library uri='/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld'
prefix='html': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ButtonTag' has
no setter method corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'styleid', (JSP 1.1
spec, 5.4.1)
probably occurred due to an error in /index.jsp line 3:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

Can anyone help by telling me do i need to make any classpath add ons or
configuration changes !!!

Thanks in advance

Re: New User [ERROR IN BaseHandlerTag & FormTag]

Posted by Jean-Noel Ribette <je...@improve.fr>.
I'm affraid this error comes from an error in the cvs.

The attribute styleId was introduced in the class BaseHandlerTag of the deprecated org.apache.struts.taglib package and
not org.apache.struts.taglib.html (same for FormTag) on the 18th
(http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg01153.html)

Can any commiter correct this ?

Thanks,

Jean-Noel

PS: just remove the styleId attribute from the tld file to get it work.