Posted to builds@apache.org by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au> on 2010/08/25 23:36:06 UTC

Failed Hard Drive in Nyx Array, downtime for VMs

Hi All,

Apologies to all our those with a VM on Nyx, we have a reported hard drive
failure on the Nyx Array. We need to replace this disk ASAP to avoid any
loss of data on the array and therefore your VMs.

The VMs affected are:

audit,
bb-2008,
bb-fbsd,
bb-fedora,
bb-vm1,
bb-win7,
Hudson-win,
ofbiz-vm,
photark-vm,
portsbuild,
pulse,
vmbuild,
vmgump,
wcmdemo,
wookie-vm,

We will need to reboot Nyx in a diagnostic mode to check the state of the
drives, and confirm
what the report has told us. The replace the drive and bring everything back
on line.

This could take a while.

Gav...

Re: Failed Hard Drive in Nyx Array, downtime for VMs

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Gav... <ga...@16degrees.com.au> wrote:
> Disk was replaced fine and rebuilt into the array without problems.
> All VMs should now be up, if one of them is yours, check that your
> services have come back as expected.

Thanks for your work on this! hudson-win is now running smoothly :-)

/niklas

Re: Failed Hard Drive in Nyx Array, downtime for VMs

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Discovered Archiva wasn't set to start on boot, so ran update-rc.d. All good on vmbuild.

Thanks for your work on it!

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org

RE: Failed Hard Drive in Nyx Array, downtime for VMs

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Hi All,