Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Meryl Silverburgh <si...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/06 21:08:15 UTC

Trying to setup Nutch

Hi,

i am trying to setup Nutch.
I setup 1 site in my urls file:
http://www.yahoo.com

And then I start crawl using this command:
$bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 1 -topN 5

But I get this "No URLs to fecth", can you please tell me what am i missing?
$ bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 1 -topN 5
crawl started in: crawl
rootUrlDir = urls
threads = 10
depth = 1
topN = 5
Injector: starting
Injector: crawlDb: crawl/crawldb
Injector: urlDir: urls
Injector: Converting injected urls to crawl db entries.
Injector: Merging injected urls into crawl db.
Injector: done
Generator: Selecting best-scoring urls due for fetch.
Generator: starting
Generator: segment: crawl/segments/20070406140513
Generator: filtering: false
Generator: topN: 5
Generator: jobtracker is 'local', generating exactly one partition.
Generator: 0 records selected for fetching, exiting ...
Stopping at depth=0 - no more URLs to fetch.
No URLs to fetch - check your seed list and URL filters.
crawl finished: crawl

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by Meryl Silverburgh <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

I follow the rest of the tutorial, and it said :
To fetch, we first generate a fetchlist from the database:

bin/nutch generate crawl/crawldb crawl/segments

This generates a fetchlist for all of the pages due to be fetched. The
fetchlist is placed in a newly created segment directory. The segment
directory is named by the time it's created. We save the name of this
segment in the shell variable s1:

s1=`ls -d crawl/segments/2* | tail -1`
echo $s1

But how can I see the list of the URLs (in human readable format)
before I actually fetch it?
i do a more of that file, it is not readable.
crawl/segments/20070406202200/crawl_generate

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by Meryl Silverburgh <si...@gmail.com>.
On 4/6/07, zhangxy@live.com <zh...@live.com> wrote:
> So that's the problem : you have to replace MY.DOMAIN.NAME with domains you
> want to crawl.
> For your situation, that line should reads :
> +^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*(yahoo.com|cnn.com|amazon.com|msn.com|google.com)/
> Check it out.

Thanks for your help.
but from the documtation
http://lucene.apache.org/nutch/tutorial8.html, i don't need to do
this:
$bin/hadoop dfs -put urls urls

but I should do this for crawling:

$bin/nutch crawl urls -dir crawl -depth 1 -topN 5

Why do I need to do this, and what is that for?
$bin/hadoop dfs -put urls urls

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by zh...@live.com.

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by Meryl Silverburgh <si...@gmail.com>.
On 4/6/07, zhangxy@live.com <zh...@live.com> wrote:
> Have yuo checked your crawl-urlfilter.txt file ?
> Make sure you have replaced your accepted domain.

I have this in my crawl-urlfilter.txt

# accept hosts in MY.DOMAIN.NAME
+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*MY.DOMAIN.NAME/

but lets' say I have
yahoo, cnn, amazon, msn, google
in my 'urls' files, what should my accepted domain to be?

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by zh...@live.com.

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by Meryl Silverburgh <si...@gmail.com>.
On 4/6/07, zhangxy@live.com <zh...@live.com> wrote:
> After setup, you should put the urls you want to crawl into the HDFS by the
> command :
> $bin/hadoop dfs -put urls urls
>
> Maybe that's something you forgot to do and I hope it helps :)

I try your command, but I get this error:
$ bin/hadoop dfs -put urls urls
put: Target urls already exists

I just have 1 line in my file 'urls':
$ more urls
http://www.yahoo.com

Thanks for any help.

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by zh...@live.com.

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by Meryl Silverburgh <si...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I have add this  to my crawl-urlfilter.txt

+^http://([a-z0-9]*\.)*(yahoo.com|cnn.com|amazon.com|msn.com|google.com)/

but i still have the problem that I mention in my previous mail.

Re: Trying to setup Nutch

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

--
Michael Wechner