Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Roel Bindels <Ro...@protomation.com> on 2004/11/10 10:46:50 UTC

not scanning for virus after spamscan

Hello List

I'm using amavis (old version) wich does the spam scanning and I'm using
amavis for virus scan.

When a virus is marked as spam no virusscan takes place.
Does anyone kwon why this is and how this can be fixed

greetings Roel Bindels

(config files can be send on request)

Re: not scanning for virus after spamscan

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 04:46 AM 11/10/2004, Roel Bindels wrote:
>Hello List
>
>I'm using amavis (old version) wich does the spam scanning and I'm using
>amavis for virus scan.
>
>When a virus is marked as spam no virusscan takes place.
>Does anyone kwon why this is and how this can be fixed
>
>greetings Roel Bindels
>
>(config files can be send on request)

*shrug*. Might I suggest asking on the amavis list? There will be more
amavis-savvy people there than here.

p.s. misdirected To: for Bob Proulx removed.

Misdirected references headers caused by abusing a reply not removed.

In the future, be aware that editing the subject and content of a message
will not fool the list archives or any thread-aware mail readers that
understand the References: header. These tools will keep track of your
message as a reply, not a subject of it's own, despite the changes to the
subject line and body.)

Re: not scanning for virus after spamscan

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
Roel,

Roel Bindels wrote:
> To: users@spamassassin.apache.org, Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>
> Hello List

I am NOT the mailing list!

This is a great example of why doing a group reply to a message and
just changing the subject is not good.  You replied to my last message
about "Badly formatted HTML- best practices?".  Please don't do that
unless you have something to say about that topic.

To start a new topic start a NEW message.  Please see the discussion
about this just a few days ago.

Thanks
Bob