Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ranjan Baisak <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/23 08:23:18 UTC

How to use org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl

Hi,
    Can anybody give me any code example of usage of
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl. I trying to cast
org.w3c.dom.Document to org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl but
it gives classcastexception though I am using Xerces parser.
Any help would be appreciated.

regards,
Ranjan

Re: How to use org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl

Posted by James Shaw <he...@btopenworld.com>.
Ranjan Baisak wrote:

>Thanks James for your insight into the implementation.
>Let me tell you the scenario.

[snip code]

>Is there any otherway to achieve the same with JDK1.4.2?

Well, this is all DOM Level 3 stuff, so you'll need to build your own
Xerces jars with dom3 support enabled.
Download the latest release source and run the jars-dom3 target. Then
make sure you include the resultant jars in your classpath.

Hope that helps,
James Shaw

Re: How to use org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl

Posted by Ranjan Baisak <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks James for your insight into the implementation.
Let me tell you the scenario. My source code
System.setProperty(DOMImplementationRegistry.PROPERTY,
                "org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl");
         DOMImplementationRegistry registry =
                DOMImplementationRegistry.newInstance();
         DOMImplementationLS impl =
                (DOMImplementationLS)registry.getDOMImplementation("LS");
         LSParser builder = impl.createLSParser(
                DOMImplementationLS.MODE_SYNCHRONOUS, null);

         org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl document =
(org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl)builder.parseURI("personal.xml");

The above line of code gives me ClassCastException.
org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl extends
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl so I tried to cast it to
org.apache.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl. The above code uses JDK1.5.

Is there any otherway to achieve the same with JDK1.4.2?

regards,
Ranjan

Posted by James Shaw <he...@btopenworld.com>.