Posted to user@roller.apache.org by pearj <jo...@agiledigital.com.au> on 2010/05/10 08:06:37 UTC

SEVERE: Error listenerStart with Tomcat 6.0.26

Hi,

I'm trying to start Roller on Tomcat 6.0.26.

But the catalina.out log shows:

INFO: Deploying web application directory blog
Roller Weblogger: Successfully loaded custom properties file from classpath
May 10, 2010 3:30:29 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
May 10, 2010 3:30:29 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/blog] startup failed due to previous errors

I am running Centos 5.4 and installed Tomcat 6 from jpackage.org

I put the roller-custom.properties file in /usr/share/tomcat6/lib
With the contents:

installation.type=manual
database.configurationType=jdbc
database.jdbc.driverClass=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
database.jdbc.connectionURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/agileblog
database.jdbc.username=blog
database.jdbc.password=password

It was previously working with this configuration on a different server, but
this time I wanted to use packaged Tomcat 6

Does anyone have any idea what I've done wrong?

Cheers,

-Joel

Re: SEVERE: Error listenerStart with Tomcat 6.0.26

Posted by pearj <jo...@agiledigital.com.au>.

pearj wrote:

> It was previously working with this configuration on a different server,
> but this time I wanted to use packaged Tomcat 6

I found a mail.jar file in the tomcat6/lib in the server I was migrating
roller from.  I copied it across and it started without problems.  I have no
idea why that made a difference, but it's working now.

Re: SEVERE: Error listenerStart with Tomcat 6.0.26

Posted by pearj <jo...@agiledigital.com.au>.
I forgot to mention that I am running Roller 4.0.1