Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Mauro de Wit <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/24 23:07:02 UTC

Referencing EJB's in other WAR through local interface

Hi,

Currently I am working on a project which I want to split up in
multiple WAR's. It's already running in Tomee and I want to keep it
that way.
My intention is to put all business EJB in a separate WAR so they can
be used by the different web applications.

I have extracted interfaces for these EJB's and put them in a shared
library in order to be able to reference them.
When I annotate these interfaces with @Remote (or register them as
Remote in the EJB itself) everything works OK.
So far so good. But since I want to avoid that all invocations are
copied by value, I am trying to get it to work with local interfaces.
But without any luck.
It this even possible with Tomee? I've read that most J2EE containers
do support this.

So I am trying to use the EJB's from WAR A in WAR B through a local mechanism.
Some help and info about this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mauro

Re: Referencing EJB's in other WAR through local interface

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Different wars have different classloaders so best you can do is using
local copy - see http://tomee.apache.org/properties-listing.html.

Why not using an ear? It is designed for it.