Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/07/03 08:48:31 UTC

locale

Consider PR#76, and PR#679.  I propose that 1.3 does a setlocale(LC_ALL,
"");.  This affects the logging code, but frankly, I don't care.  We can't
be swapping locales around, because it's an expensive call on some
architectures (probably most).  Allow me to curse common log format once
more.  People wanting a workaround can use %m instead of %b in their logs
and teach their log package about numerical month numbers, or post-process
with perl.

Dean

Re: locale

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Yes well we should document "safe" restarting behaviour anyhow.  Because
the same thing happens now for things like PATH.

Dean

Re: locale

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.

Re: locale