Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Timothy Potter <th...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 18:18:44 UTC

Query-side Join work in distributed Solr?

Just to clarify that query-side joins ( e.g. {!join from=id
to=parent_signal_id_s}id:foo ) do not work in a distributed mode yet?
I saw LUCENE-3759 as unresolved but also some some Twitter traffic
saying there was a patch available.

Cheers,
Tim

Re: Query-side Join work in distributed Solr?

Posted by Pavel Goncharik <pa...@gmail.com>.
That's correct, but according to the comments to the issue SOLR-2066,
"counts returned when using field collapse are only accurate when the
documents getting collapsed together are all on the same shard" (it's
actually a quote from SOLR-2592). Which sounds like SOLR-2592 will
make distributed field collapsing complete.

It's a pity there are no plans to make the same thing for joins: since
SolrCloud by definition a distributed system, being able to "join"
only on a single shard makes this feature much less attractive...

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pavel Goncharik <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.