Posted to user@hive.apache.org by zhang jianfeng <zj...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/30 14:32:48 UTC

Does Hive have Java API

Hi all,

I am newbie to Hive. I'd like know whether Hive has Java API like Pig.

I did not found any tutorial about the Java API in wiki. I want to the use
Hive to generate reports, so using Java API would be a better choice.

Thank you.

Jeff Zhang

Re: Does Hive have Java API

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Saurabh Nanda<sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this what you're looking for --
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveJDBCInterface ?
>
> Saurabh.
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 6:02 PM, zhang jianfeng <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am newbie to Hive. I'd like know whether Hive has Java API like Pig.
>>
>> I did not found any tutorial about the Java API in wiki. I want to the use
>> Hive to generate reports, so using Java API would be a better choice.
>>

>> Thank you.
>>

>> Jeff Zhang
>>

> --
> http://nandz.blogspot.com
> http://foodieforlife.blogspot.com

Though no one seems to be doing this but me, you can do this

as the most direct method. Also you can use the HWISessionManager and
a non-blocking wrapper to execute queries.

Re: Does Hive have Java API

Posted by Saurabh Nanda <sa...@gmail.com>.