Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2007/02/10 05:16:49 UTC

[S2] [ANNOUNCE] Struts 2.0.5 BETA available

The Apache Struts project is pleased to announce the release of Struts
2.0.5 BETA

Struts 2.0.5 is available in a full distribution, or as separate
library, source, example and documentation distributions.

 * http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi?struts205

It is also available in the central Maven repository under Group ID
"org.apache.struts".

The 2.0.5 series of the Apache Struts framework has a minimum
requirement of the following specification versions:

    *  Servlet API 2.4
    * JSP API 2.0
    * Java 5

Backported Java 4 JARs are also available.

The release notes are available online at:

 * http://struts.apache.org/2.0.5/docs/release-notes-205.html

Please feel free to test the distribution and post your comments to
the user list, or, if appropriate, file a ticket with JIRA.

-Ted.

Re: [S2] [ANNOUNCE] Struts 2.0.5 BETA available

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
The Struts 2.0.5 BETA includes a new "Plugin" feature. We've moved
optional functionality out of the core and into several drop-and-run
plugins. We managed to leave two of the twelve new plugins out of the
BETA assembly: the Spring Plugin and the Codebehind Plugin. For now,
please take note that the JARs for both of these are available in the
Showcase application. (I guess that's why we have these betas!)

-Ted.