Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/08/25 16:07:29 UTC

Re: Is Axis C++ still alive ?

Hi Ernst,

Axis C++ would appear to be alive :-)

For instance the Cbindings support has recently been completed.

However, there has been a noticeable slow-down in new function being
created because fundamentally the code works for most WSDL's that the code
has come across and the major memory model changes and functional
additions required to 1.4 and 1.5 have been completed. Axis2C has also
been created and developed. This code base, although not up to the same
level of stability as Axis1C today will be taking over from Axis1C in the
future. This may affect your decision as to whether to use 1 or 2.

In terms of Axis 1.6 we are just about to hold a vote in the next few
weeks as to when this can be released. This release will be a great deal
more stable than 1.5 with many bug fixes included.

Having said all these things please don't be detached from this code base.
The fundamental principle of open-source code is that if you find a
problem then we can help you to find where in the code the problem is and
you can fix it and then you can contribute that fix back into the code. A
number of committers have come onto the project via this method and have
continued to contribute.

I hope this helps you to make your decision.

regards,
John.

Ernst Mikkelsen <er...@dsw.dk>
25/08/2006 14:29

John Hawkins/UK/IBM@IBMGB, Fred Preston/UK/IBM@IBMGB, "Henrik Nordberg"
<he...@jitterbit.com>
cc

Subject
Is Axis C++ still alive ?

Hi there.

I'm sorry for contacting you directly, but I need to know if the Axis C++
project is still alive? It seems to me, that version 1.6 is having a hard
time going into "final". I this due to lack of developer resources, or is
Axis C++ just a dead end? ;o)

I would like to know because I'm working on a WebClient project were Axis
C++ could give me the performance boost I need. But I do not want my
solution to be based on a subsystem with no future.

Once again, sorry to disturb you.

Best regards
 Delta Software
 Ernst Mikkelsen