Posted to user@ant.apache.org by sudip barat <sb...@cisco.com> on 2004/04/30 00:44:55 UTC

Is it possible to change System PATH variable through ant task ?

I wanted to know if it is possible to update the System PATH variable to
include path of CVS.exe . I am writing a web based application . The tomcat
on the unix box does not have CVS in the  system path as a result my <cvs>
task fails . Is it possible for me to have the cvs.exe path included in
build.xml or is it possible to set the path in the
org.apche.tools.ant.Project I am creating from my servlet to execute the
build.xml ?

Thx
 sb

Re: Is it possible to change System PATH variable through ant task ?

Posted by "alu, artifex" <ap...@artifex.co.at>.
afaik ant looks for the cvs executable in the path environment and in the
current directory. so if you're on an unix box you might want to try
setting a link
in the users home directory pointing to the executable.

art