Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andre Schütz <wi...@faustas.de> on 2012/03/31 22:14:46 UTC

isJavaEnabled does not work

Hello,

I use wicket 1.5.4 or 1.5.5 with Opera and Firefox. I checked with
the following lines:

Application:
-------------
protected void init() {
  super.init();
  getRequestCycleSettings().setGatherExtendedBrowserInfo(true);
}

MyWebPage:
-------------
WebSession session = WebSession.get();
if (session.getClientInfo().getProperties().isJavaEnabled()) {
  System.out.println("enabled");
}
else {
  System.out.println("disabled");
}

With Opera 11.62 or Firefox 11 I always get "disabled". I checked the
settings and Javascript is enabled in both browsers.

Additionally, I tried the website:
http://wicketstuff.org/wicket/hellobrowser/howdy

The same result. JavaEnabled = false.

Any ideas?

--
Andre Schütz <wi...@faustas.de>

Re: isJavaEnabled does not work

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Wicket extracts this information just once - when you see the
BrowserInfoPage, the one with the message "If you see this, it means
that both javascript and meta-refresh are not support by your browser
configuration"
After that this info is cached at the server side in the Session.

You can use Ajax timer behavior that can send you the latest state at
the client side (height, width, ...). If the client disables
JavaScript then this behavior will stop sending this info, i.e. you
will know that JS is disabled if you don't receive new data for
duration bigger than the timer's update duration.

Posted by Andre Schütz <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

Andre Schütz <sc...@gmx.net>

Re: isJavaEnabled does not work