Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by PAlvin <pe...@awebabove.com> on 2005/05/12 23:31:10 UTC

Re: How get www.site.com homepage requests to forward to Tomcat without a redirect?

Removing the [R] from the RewriteRule breaks everything and no page
is served:

    RewriteRule ^/$ /home.htm          **does not work**

I'm curious: how does everyone else map the domain request to an
actual page???

    domain.com --to--> domain.com/home.htm

Everyone must be doing this, right?  What are other solutions for
doing this?

Pete

tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Re: How get www.site.com homepage requests to forward to Tomcat without a redirect?

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On 5/12/05, PAlvin <pe...@awebabove.com> wrote:
> Removing the [R] from the RewriteRule breaks everything and no page
> is served:
>
>     RewriteRule ^/$ /home.htm          **does not work**
>
> I'm curious: how does everyone else map the domain request to an
> actual page???
>
>     domain.com --to--> domain.com/home.htm
>
> Everyone must be doing this, right?  What are other solutions for
> doing this?

Am I missing something here or do you just need:

<welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

in your web.xml or the same thing in Apache?

--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org