Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by all-e <AL...@GMAIL.COM> on 2008/09/25 16:23:02 UTC

HttpClient 4.1 beta : JDK 1.3 : SocketFactory unsupported

I am using IBM JDK 1.3.1 and am getting a runtime error
"org/apache/http/conn/scheme/SocketFactory (Unsupported major.minor version
49.0)".javax.servlet.ServletException:
org/apache/http/conn/scheme/SocketFactory (Unsupported major.minor version
49.0)"

The error suggests that it is a JDK 1.5 compilation being used. I thought
HttpClient 4.1 beta was compatible with JDK 1.3.

Any help will be appreciated

Re: HttpClient 4.1 beta : JDK 1.3 : SocketFactory unsupported

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/09/2008, all-e <AL...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Ah..
>  Actually, I got all the code working with HttpCore only to find out that we
>  were now going to have to use a proxy server. And that becomes a little
>  complicated because calling proxy from the native socket connection at JDK
>  1.3 is a little complicated. So my new question would be does anyone know
>  how to use a proxy server with HttpCore 4.0 beta 2.

In that case, I suggest you start a new thread with the appropriate
subject, so it will better attract the notice of people who may be
able to help.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25/09/2008, all-e <AL...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am using IBM JDK 1.3.1 and am getting a runtime error
>  "org/apache/http/conn/scheme/SocketFactory (Unsupported major.minor version
>  49.0)".javax.servlet.ServletException:
>  org/apache/http/conn/scheme/SocketFactory (Unsupported major.minor version
>  49.0)"
>
>  The error suggests that it is a JDK 1.5 compilation being used. I thought
>  HttpClient 4.1 beta was compatible with JDK 1.3.

No, it requires Java 1.5.

It's HttpCore which is compatible with Java 1.3+