Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/22 21:55:41 UTC

HDFS Errors

when I say
hadoop fs -copyFromLocal small_yeast /user/training/small_yeast

I get

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
/user/training/small_yeast/yeast_chrXIV00000006.sam.gz could only be
replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1267)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:434)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor841.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at

Anyone seen this and know how to fix it
 I am on a 4 node virtual cloudera cluster

--
Steven M. Lewis PhD
Institute for Systems Biology

Re: HDFS Errors

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.
No I have been using it for about two weeks and have many dozen files but it
may be close to full

On Jun 22, 2010 3:14 PM, "Allen Wittenauer" <aw...@linkedin.com>
wrote:

On Jun 22, 2010, at 1:58 PM, Steve Lewis wrote:

> training@hadoop1:~$ hadoop dfsadmin -safemode ge...
OK, so you are out of safemode.

> training@hadoop1:~$ hadoop dfsadmin -refreshNodes
This just re-reads the list of nodes.  hadoop dfsadmin -report might be more
useful.

By chance, is this the first file you've tried writing to this hdfs?

Re: HDFS Errors

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.

Re: HDFS Errors

Posted by Steve Lewis <lo...@gmail.com>.