Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <tr...@triumf.ca> on 2005/08/12 23:06:32 UTC

[m1.1] ant-optional classes not found

I just noticed that in 1.1-beta-1 running 'maven -X' with any goal
produces a bunch of debug warnings:

[DEBUG] Adding reference: maven.dependency.classpath
Caching Taglib Uri --> deploy
running script null
[DEBUG] Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.PropertyFile) for type propertyfile
[DEBUG] Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.clearcase.CCMkdir) for type ccmkdir

and a few 100 more of that kind. The goals all execute fine, so there is
no problem, I just noticed it using the -X option. The missing classes
used to be in the ant-optional-1.5.3.jar, but this does not exist
anymore in the ant version 1.6.5 used by m1.1b1.

Does somebody know what that means and what to do about it?

Thanks,
Lukas

Re: [m1.1] ant-optional classes not found

Posted by Lukas Theussl <tr...@triumf.ca>.
dan tran wrote:
> in 1.1 you need to load the optional jars yourself
>
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/backwards-compatibility.html
>
> -D

I was aware of that but that's the point: I am not using any optional
tasks. It already happens if I just run the genapp plugin inside an
empty directory. I also know that it's just a warning, everything seems
to work fine, I wouldn't have noticed anything without the -X option.
It's just discomforting to have this bunch of debug warnings -
especially if you are trying to filter out a real problem.

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
It's only an ant warning (new in 1.6.X).
Don't care about it if you don't have a problem.

Anraud