Posted to dev@dubbo.apache.org by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org> on 2019/12/23 09:41:57 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.7.5 RC2

Hello Dubbo Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Dubbo version 2.7.5.

The release candidates:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/dubbo/dubbo/2.7.5/RC2

The staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedubbo-1053
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedubbo-1050

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/dubbo/tree/dubbo-2.7.5

Hash for the release tag:
c9d1c1a5d4fd86236301f1c4215792ca451837d5

Release Notes:
https://github.com/apache/dubbo/blob/2.7.5-release/CHANGES.md#275

The artifacts have been signed with Key: 28681CB1, which can be
found in the keys file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/dubbo/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Dubbo Team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Dubbo 2.7.5 RC2

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
>> The issues pointed by Justin and Yunkun during RC1 vote are not included.
>
> Why is that? Issues once know should be fixed in the next RC. Issues once know and not corrected warrant a -1 vote IMO. Your not an incubating project anymore but a top level one and need to follow ASF p[policy.

Yes, we should have fixed them in RC2. The reason we didn’t do that is only that I forgot the License issue when packaging. It was not until I came back to the mailing-list that I realized that this issue exists, so I put them in the voting mail to remind voters of the existing issues.

Since it’s not too much work, let me start a new voting thread to fix them.

* Files have ASF headers except a couple like — should be fixed.
* Dubbo-common modules are using @PostConstruct — it’s a design of Dubbo’s feature, discuss and make the decision in the future.

Jun

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Compared to RC1, this candidate mainly did the following changes[1][2][3], related to some feature enhancement provided in this version.

No new files added, so the source package files and Licenses are expected to be the same with RC1.

The issues pointed by Justin and Yunkun during RC1 vote are not included. I think we can address them in the next major release.
 - Files have ASF headers except a couple like [4]
 - Dubbo-common modules are using @PostConstruct [5]

1. https://github.com/apache/dubbo/issues/5511
2. https://github.com/apache/dubbo/pull/5527
3. https://github.com/apache/dubbo/pull/5528
4.  ./compiler/src/main/resources/DubboGrpcStub.mustache
5. https://github.com/apache/dubbo/blob/master/dubbo-common/src/main/java/org/apache/dubbo/config/AbstractConfig.java#L588

Jun

Posted by Jun Liu <li...@apache.org>.
Canceling his thread. Please vote on RC3.