Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thorsten Mauch <ma...@imkenberg.de> on 2005/07/04 23:07:54 UTC

[cforms] creating selection list from vector

Hi
I try to create a section list from a vector using the flow-jxpath
implementation.
I have a Vector objects with the getter for "oid" and "description". I pass
this vector
the cforms (where getLineItems() retruns a Vector):
form.showForm("admcategory-display.page",{"items":formmodel.getLineItems()})
;

I define the seclection list as follows:

  <fd:selection-list>
          <fd:selection-list type="flow-jxpath" list-path="items"
value-path="oid" label-path="description" />
      </fd:selection-list>

What does i make wrong ?

Thanx a lot for any help
Thorsten

Re: [cforms] creating selection list from vector

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@pronetics.it>.
Il giorno 04/lug/05, alle 23:07, Thorsten Mauch ha scritto:

> I try to create a section list from a vector using the flow-jxpath
> implementation.
> I have a Vector objects with the getter for "oid" and "description". I
> pass
> this vector
> the cforms (where getLineItems() retruns a Vector):
> form.showForm("admcategory-display.page",{"items":
> formmodel.getLineItems()})
> ;
>
> I define the seclection list as follows:
>
>   <fd:selection-list>
>           <fd:selection-list type="flow-jxpath" list-path="items"
> value-path="oid" label-path="description" />
>       </fd:selection-list>
>
> What does i make wrong ?

Vector (besides being a "legacy" class) is not a Collection. You need
to pass a Java2 collection to the template (i.e. a class implementing
java.util.Collection) and not a Vector.

Apart from that, it's not advisable to use the flow-jxpath selection
list. The recommended way is:

form.lookupWidget("field-id").setSelectionList(items, "oid",
"description");

You also seem to have an fd:selection-list element inside another
fd:selection-list element, which does not make sense.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Tech Blog: http://agylen.com/