Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org> on 2005/01/19 12:00:05 UTC

Re: Any way to force Lucene reindex?

Eirikur,
I know this need too, but we have not a solution yet :-(.

Stefan

Stefan Lützkendorf  --  luetzkendorf@apache.org

Re: Any way to force Lucene reindex?

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
Didn't think so :)

Maybe it should be an option for the indexers in Domain.xml
"index-on-startup" or something similar and that would cause the
ExtractorManager to get all extractors and index their entire scopes.

Cheers
-Eiki

Re: Fatal Nullpointer "in" StandardRDBMSAdapter from NodeProperty on Oracle (at least)

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
BTW it seems to me that Oracle cannot store "" empty strings! so the
value will always be null.
I tried doing this:
update PROPERTIES set property_value=''  where property_value is null
and the response is that 200 rows where modified but setting the value
'' has the same effect as saying property_value = null

-Eiki

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
I was just testing that and it works so please check it in : )

Maybe the null check in validate should then be removed since the
propertyvalue will never be null?

-Eiki

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.

Posted by Stefan Lützkendorf <lu...@apache.org>.
Well,

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
Hi,

I switched from my test environment to an already made Slide 2.1 repo.
running on Oracle and just upgraded to the Slide head source.
And I have a fatal error in Slide when trying to get anything because a
nullpointerexception is thrown intentionally in NodeProperty if a value
of a property is null.

 From StandardRDBMSAdapter:
[...]

 From NodeProperty:
     /**
      * Constructor.
      *
      * @param name Name
      * @param value Value
      * @param namespace Namespace
      */

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
ok great :)

On 20.1.2005, at 02:10, James Mason wrote:

> Ok. I'll try to get it into the proposals section later this week.
> Tomorrow if I have time, otherwise Friday.
>
> -James
>
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 00:30 +0000, Eirikur Hrafnsson wrote:
>> We are definately interested!
>>
>> best regards
>> -Eirikur, idega.
>>

>> On 19.1.2005, at 17:33, James Mason wrote:
>>
>>> I have a "batch indexer" that I'm currently using to update an
>>> external
>>> search engine. Both the "batch indexer" and a custom IndexTrigger add
>>> indexing events to a queue which is then processed by a separate
>>> thread.
>>>
>>> I haven't had a chance to look at the Lucene code yet, but what I've
>>> got
>>> is written using the Spring framework so it should be easy extend.
>>> One
>>> class is all that's necessary, I think (the separate thread that

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.