Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/29 18:31:56 UTC

Re: Create new core on the fly

Hi,

We are also facing the same issue. Is the LOAD action implemented yet? If
not then what should we do to achieve the same functionality?

Thanks,
djain

Re: Create new core on the fly

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
> So, if we
> do a create, will it modify the solr.xml everytime? Can it be avoided in
> subsequent requests for create?
>

>No, solr.xml will be modified only if persist=true is passed as a request
>param. I don't understand your second question. Why would you want to issue
>create commands for the same core multiple times?

Shalin, persist=true does not work with the create action. I am creating the
core using the below url and everytime it is modifying solr.xml
http://localhost:8080/app/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=core1&instanceDir=core1&persist=false

Our requirement is that, we have multiple solr app servers behind a load
balancer. So if we hit a url to create solr core, it will hit any one of the
app server and core will be loaded on to that app server only. Rest all
other app servers will not be aware about the new solr core and all the
search requests will fail if it hit the other app servers on which core is
not loaded. That's the reason we need to CREATE cores on each of the app
server but we don't necessarily want solr.xml to be modified.

Thanks,
Dharmveer

Re: Create new core on the fly

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Create new core on the fly

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Shalin,

Can you please elaborate, why we need to do unload after create? So, if we

Re: Create new core on the fly

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:42 AM, djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks Shalin for quick response. On the wiki link you mentioned, it is
> saying "not implemented yet!". Can you please confirm again? If yes, then
> in
> which release it is available?

Ah, I'm sorry. You are right. Load is not implemented yet. The other way to

Re: Create new core on the fly

Posted by djain101 <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Shalin for quick response. On the wiki link you mentioned, it is
saying "not implemented yet!". Can you please confirm again? If yes, then in
which release it is available?

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards,

Re: Create new core on the fly