Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Koby Leung <Ko...@businessobjects.com> on 2004/06/30 18:02:55 UTC

Learning

Hey all,

	Been a fly on the wall for awhile, and want to get my hands dirty.
Besides cracking the code open and hacking away, what are the other ways I
can learn about the project? I'm interested in getting an overview of the
different peices, so I can pick one and dig into it.

	Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Koby

Re: Learning

Posted by Eduardo Piva <ef...@gmail.com>.
Hi Koby,

I'm also new here and I'm trying to figure out how to learn about the
project, like you. I'll try to write some spring test aplications to
integrate with geronimo. I think that this is a good way to learn
things, testing others code. Eventualy you'll find some bug, and will
have to learn some part of geronimo to fix (or try to fix) it.

Another thing I've noticed is that the project has some sort of TODO
list. I don't know how complicated are the tasks in this TODO list,
but you can try to pick some task from there.
(http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220)

By the way, if the tasks in this TODO list are just too complicate for
someone who is starting to understanding Geronimo's code, here is one
suggestion: Add "silly" things to the TODO list, so new people can
start to code and learn from not-so-complex parts of the project.

That's my two cents...

Eduardo.

--
Eduardo Fernandes Piva