Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/28 23:53:33 UTC

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException while creating persistent znodes?

After I have started the Zookeeper server from windows command prompt and
also started the zkConsole.. I tried creating the znode persistent node as
`/be` from the command prompt like this -

    WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null
    [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 0] create -s /be
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 3
            at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processZKCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:700)
            at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:593)
            at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.executeLine(ZooKeeperMain.java:365)
            at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.run(ZooKeeperMain.java:323)
            at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.main(ZooKeeperMain.java:282)

And as soon as I did that, I got an exception on the console as mentioned
above.. As this is my first time so I am not sure how to resolve this
issue? Any pointers will be appreciated on this..

RE: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException while creating persistent znodes?

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
This issue has been fixed in the trunk version and is open in 3.4 version.

IMHO, this is not a blocking issue. We can pass empty data and create the znodes like as follows:

$ create -e /groups ""

$ create -s /group1 ""

Dow we need to fix in 3.4.6 version. I'd like to know opinion from others?

Thanks,
Rakesh

Yeah.. I am running zookeeper 3.4.5 version..

Re: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException while creating persistent znodes?

Posted by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi,

I hope you are using 3.4 version and there is a jira issue ZOOKEEPER-780 describing the same case.
Please go through the comments on this issue for more details.

-Rakesh

Ohh.. yea. it does get created now.. But it is mandatory to specify the data while creating the nodes?

Posted by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.