Posted to users@maven.apache.org by muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/20 21:08:57 UTC

mvn dependency:unpack

hi,

Can somebody please explain me how "mvn
dependency:unpack" works because i am trying to run
tuscany-incubating-M2 samples. when i run "mvn
dependency:unpack" i am getting

[INFO]
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are
invalid/missing for 'dependen
y:unpack'

[0] inside the definition for plugin:
'maven-dependency-plugin'specify the foll
wing:

<configuration>
  <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
</configuration>.

I found on the list that i have to include

<plugin>

	          <version>2.0-alpha-1</version>
	          <executions>
	            <execution>
	              <id>unpack</id>
	              <phase>package</phase>
	              <goals>
	                <goal>unpack</goal>
	              </goals>
	              <configuration>
	                 <artifactItems>
			  <artifactItem>
		          <groupId>myModule</groupId>
		            <artifactId>myArtifactId</artifactId>
		               <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
		   		<type>jar</type>
		                  <overWrite>false</overWrite>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}</outputDirectory>
		         </artifactItem>
			</artifactItems>
	              </configuration>
	            </execution>
	          </executions>
	        </plugin>

in the <plugins> section in pom.xml file. but i what
to know how do i know what plug-ins to unpack?

regards,
muhwas

RE: mvn dependency:unpack

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Thanks for the info Muhwas. Perhaps you can post the link to the faq (or
even the usage page where it's laid out) to them so they know how to fix
it. If you want to make it work for yourself, just remove the
dependency plugin config and leave behind all the <configuration>
contents. Or you could just find the artifact in your local repo and
unpack it yourself ;-)

Posted by muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Brain,

I am trying to run Tuscany samples. I am following
their instructions. According to instruction they said
go to sample directory and run "mvn" and when built
successfully run "mvn dependency:unpack". This will
create target\distribution folder and copy tuscany run
time enviornment. But when i am running "mvn
dependency:unpack" and getting error.

[0] inside the definition for plugin:
 'maven-dependency-plugin'specify the foll
 wing:

 <configuration>
   <artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
 </configuration>.

They didn't specify any thing what to put in
articactsItems. I also posted this question on tuscany
mailing list but no response so i thought may be i can
get help from maven list.

thank you,
muhwas

--- "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:

> Wayne,
> I think you could be right. It's also possible
> though that the pom isn't
> intended to be run using 'mvn dependency:unpack' (I
> haven't looked at
> their site) because the pom is setup correctly to
> unpack during the
> package phase. I know this issue is a tricky one
> because the first time
> someone reported it, it took me quite a while to
> track it down. That's
> why I wrote the faq entry but maybe it's not clear
> enough. I'll have to
> look at it some more to see if I can present a more
> clear answer.
>
> --Brian

=== message truncated ===

RE: mvn dependency:unpack

Re: mvn dependency:unpack

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

RE: mvn dependency:unpack

Re: mvn dependency:unpack

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Realistically, you should look for support like this directly from the
providers of the tuscany-incubating-M2 samples package. I assume that
would be the Tuscany project?

Wayne

RE: mvn dependency:unpack

Posted by muhwas <mu...@yahoo.com>.