Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/17 15:31:45 UTC

JEXL and a release

Jexl currently has one outstanding issue in bugzilla ( the ability to
reference statics ), and is well overdue for a release.

My proposal is that we give this issue a go and if it's not too much
effort, include it in a 1.0 release.

The 1.0 release should be also be accompanied by a little more
documentation and some samples as well.

The idea would be to get a 1.0 release of Jexl out within a month or
so, given no new issues crop up.

Does anyone have any objections, or other issues that need to be addressed?

Re: JEXL and a release

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
sound like a good plan to me

- robert

Re: JEXL and a release

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 18:12:01 +0200, Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org> wrote:
> I would encourage such a release!
> The only major issue is, indeed, documentation...
> How can this be done ?
>
> paul

I think a few small examples on how to use the common classes in Jexl
would be the closing thing needed for the release, other than the
extension for static syntax.

I've added a testcase to make sure that static methods can be called
given an instance of an object.

Do we, for a 1.0 release, want to change the Jexl grammar so that the
following syntax would work:

java.lang.Boolean.valueOf('true')

?

Re: JEXL and a release