Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rogelio Lamas <rl...@renr.es> on 2011/11/10 13:49:01 UTC

SSIFilter for Tomcat 6.0.33 and Tomcat 7.0.22

Good morning

My name is Roger and this is the first time that i use a mailing list.
Sorry for my english.

I am currently trying to set up SSI filter on the tomcat for an
application that I'm developing.

I followed the How to of Tomcat 6 and 7 but it wasn't work properly.

All SSI instructions are similar to <!--#include virtual="/ path/
file.html" -->

Desperately I tried it with tomcat 5.5.34 and this works correctly
activating the SSI filter according to your How to.

In the SSI Filter i actived the parameter isVirtualWebappRelative but is
a requirementof my application.

When I run on Tomcat 6 I get the following exception:

GRAVE: #include--Couldn't include file: /includes/holamundo.html
java.io.IOException: Couldn't get context for path: /includes/holamundo.html
     at
org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIServletExternalResolver.getServletContextAndPathFromVirtualPath(SSIServletExternalResolver.java:413)
     at
org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIServletExternalResolver.getServletContextAndPath(SSIServletExternalResolver.java:458)
     at
org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIServletExternalResolver.getFileText(SSIServletExternalResolver.java:512)
     at
org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIMediator.getFileText(SSIMediator.java:162)
     at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIInclude.process(SSIInclude.java:50)
     at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIProcessor.process(SSIProcessor.java:157)
     at org.apache.catalina.ssi.SSIFilter.doFilter(SSIFilter.java:142)
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
     at
     at
     at
     at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
     at
     at
     at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:291)
     at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
     at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602)
     at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

And in tomcat 7 do not get any data from the log.

What is the problem? What are the differences between tomcat 5.5, tomcat
6.0.22 and tomcat 7.0.22?

I attach eclipse project application testing and configuration files
tomcat 6 and 5

Thanks

Roger

--
Rogelio Lamas

Dpto. Ediciones Digitales
Tlf.: 965 98 71 70 - Ext. 220
Recursos en la Red, S.L.U.

http://www.renr.es

Re: SSIFilter for Tomcat 6.0.33 and Tomcat 7.0.22

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Rogelio,

On 11/10/11 4:49 AM, Rogelio Lamas wrote:
> My name is Roger and this is the first time that i use a mailing
> list. Sorry for my english.

Welcome to the list. Your English is just fine.

> I am currently trying to set up SSI filter on the tomcat for an
> application that I'm developing.
>
> I followed the How to of Tomcat 6 and 7 but it wasn't work
> properly.

Which version of Tomcat are you actually running? If you have a
choice, use the latest version available, which is currently 7.0.22.

> All SSI instructions are similar to <!--#include virtual="/ path/
> file.html" -->
>
> Desperately I tried it with tomcat 5.5.34 and this works correctly
> activating the SSI filter according to your How to.

Just to confirm: your setup works in Tomcat 5.5?

> In the SSI Filter i actived the parameter isVirtualWebappRelative
> but is a requirementof my application.

You need isVirtualWebappRelative to be true, or you need it to be false?

> When I run on Tomcat 6 I get the following exception:
>
> GRAVE: #include--Couldn't include file: /includes/holamundo.html
> java.io.IOException: Couldn't get context for path:
> /includes/holamundo.html

Can you post your <Context> element and give us an overview of your
webapp's layout?

> And in tomcat 7 do not get any data from the log.

How are you configuring the SSIFilter?

> What is the problem?

It could be one (or more) of several problems.

> What are the differences between tomcat 5.5, tomcat 6.0.22 and
> tomcat 7.0.22?

Briefly, TC t.t, 6.0, and 7.0 support different versions of the
servlet spec. There are many other non-spec-related differences as
well. The SSI stuff should be relatively similar between versions
because the requirements have not changed very much. I recommend
reading the changelog for each version and searching for "ssi" to see
what has changed, specifically:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/changelog.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/changelog.html

> I attach eclipse project application testing and configuration
> files tomcat 6 and 5

This list strips most attachments. Try copy/pasting into your next
post. The only interesting parts of your configuration will be your
context.xml file (you *are* using a context.xml file, right?) and the
SSI-related portions of your web.xml file.

 -chris