Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by shawn <ja...@koyuru.com> on 2003/02/06 01:39:23 UTC

class loading issue/bug 4.1.17

Using Tomcat 4.1.17 to upload a servlet I get a Class not found error
when the class is there.

Notice that the error stems from my driver in jakarta_home/common/lib while
the class it can not find is loaded from a jar in my app's WEB-INF/lib.

If I put the class into jakarta_home/common/classes it works fine.

ERROR [Thread-4] (SqlUtil.java:360) - ::logSqlExceptionSQL - exception
> java.sql.SQLException: Class not found:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.dbforms.util.FileHolder while
> reading serialized object
> 	at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.getObject(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.dbforms.util.ResultSetVector.<init>(ResultSetVector.java:93)

A <code>FileHolder</code> holds data saved from a
com.oreilly.servlet.multipart.FilePart as byteArray

I would think this is not by design or it would be documented.

I realize maybe this has already been solved but just wanted to point it out in case.
--
shawn <ja...@koyuru.com>