Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stijn Vanhoorelbeke <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/03 16:52:12 UTC

Why is SolrDispatchFilter using 90% of the Time?

Hi,

I'm working with a recent NightlyBuild of Solr and I'm doing some serious
ZooKeeper testing.
I've NewRelic monitoring enabled on my solr machines.

When I look at the distribution of the Response-time I notice
'SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter()' is taking up 90% of the time.
The other 10% is used by SolrSeacher and the QueryComponent.

+ Can anyone explain me why SolrDispatchFilter is consuming so much time?
++ Can I do something to lower this number?
     ( After all SolrDispatchFilter must Dispatch each time to the standard
searcher. )

Stijn Vanhoorelbeke