Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by John Armstrong <jo...@dot.ca.gov> on 2006/02/08 23:17:12 UTC

jakarta struts binary

I'm trying to learn java struts and an old Jakarta Struts book is telling
me to go to jakarta.apache.org for the jakarta struts binary.  When I go
there there's no mention of such under downloads. There's just "Struts"
under Ex-Jakarta, and when I go there, there's numerous downloads besides
Jakarta Struts Binary.

How can I get the Jakarta Struts binary for Windows?

Re: jakarta struts binary

Posted by John Armstrong <jo...@dot.ca.gov>.
Thx

                           Nathan Bubna
                      <nbubna@gmail.com        To:       Jakarta General List <ge...@jakarta.apache.org>
                                      >        cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: jakarta struts binary
                       02/08/2006 02:28
                                     PM
                      Please respond to
                       "Jakarta General
                                  List"

Struts is no longer under the jakarta umbrella.

you'll find what you need at
http://struts.apache.org

FYI, it's usually quicker to try asking Google about such things first. :)
http://www.google.com/search?q=struts

oh, and since java is platform and operating system independent, there
is only one binary for all, rather than being windows or mac or *nix
specific.

Re: jakarta struts binary

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Re: jakarta struts binary

Posted by John Armstrong <jo...@dot.ca.gov>.
Thanks much

                          Martin Cooper
                      <martinc@apache.o        To:       Jakarta General List <ge...@jakarta.apache.org>
                                    rg>        cc:
                               Sent by:        Subject:  Re: jakarta struts binary
                      mfncooper@gmail.c
                                     om

                       02/08/2006 02:26
                                     PM
                      Please respond to
                       "Jakarta General
                                  List"

On 2/8/06, John Armstrong <jo...@dot.ca.gov> wrote:

> I'm trying to learn java struts and an old Jakarta Struts book is telling
> me to go to jakarta.apache.org for the jakarta struts binary.  When I go
> there there's no mention of such under downloads. There's just "Struts"
> under Ex-Jakarta, and when I go there, there's numerous downloads besides
> Jakarta Struts Binary.
>
> How can I get the Jakarta Struts binary for Windows?

Struts is no longer part of Jakarta, so it's now Apache Struts. If you're
just starting to learn Struts, you'll probably want to start with our most
recent GA release, which is Struts 1.2.8. You can find that on the Struts
downloads page, here:

http://struts.apache.org/downloads.html

For documentation, you'll want the corresponding release web site, here:

http://struts.apache.org//struts-doc-1.2.8/index.html

Hope that helps.

--
Martin Cooper