Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xavier Frisaye <x....@t4hr.com> on 2004/09/28 08:36:39 UTC

Modify class path using catalina (Windows tomcat 5.5.2 version)

Hi everybody,

I need to add a directory to class path of Tomcat and i'm using catalina.bat to launch it.
Is there a way to do this without modifying original .bat of tomcat release?

Thank you

Xavier Frisaye

Re: Modify class path using catalina (Windows tomcat 5.5.2 version)

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 08:36:39AM +0200, Xavier Frisaye wrote:
: I need to add a directory to class path of Tomcat and i'm using catalina.bat
: to launch it.
: Is there a way to do this without modifying original .bat of tomcat release?

The safest, most portable[1] way to add to a classpath is to wrap your
data in a JAR and place that in one of:

	{context}/WEB-INF/lib
	{tomcat install}/common/lib
	{tomcat install}/shared/lib

JARs in these directories are picked up automagically by Tomcat, so
there's no need to alter a file.

Refer to the Tomcat classloader doc to decide where to put the JAR.
(Hint: most likely, under {context}/WEB-INF/lib).

-QM

[1] = "portable" between different versions of Tomcat, as well as
between different (spec-compliant) containers.

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com