Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Enrique Ruibal <er...@prodigy.net.mx> on 2008/07/25 17:01:44 UTC

Confusing Invoice Status 'Ready for Posting'

Hello,

I placed an order using the order management app, say I ordered Qty=2
Product=WG-1111, and then created, approved and shipped the order, also an
invoice CI1 was created.

Why does the invoice statusID show a 'Ready for posting' label when this
invoice has already been posted by ofbiz?

Thanks in advance,

-Enrique Ruibal

Re: Confusing Invoice Status 'Ready for Posting'

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I would say if you can repoduce it in the demo and put in enough info so
somebody and also repoduce it then you should consider putting in an Jira.

Enrique Ruibal sent the following on 7/25/2008 6:08 PM:

Posted by Enrique Ruibal <er...@prodigy.net.mx>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
> From: "Enrique Ruibal" <er...@prodigy.net.mx>
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I placed an order using the order management app, say I ordered Qty=2
>> Product=WG-1111, and then created, approved and shipped the order, also an
>> invoice CI1 was created.
>>
>> Why does the invoice statusID show a 'Ready for posting' label when this
>> invoice has already been posted by ofbiz?
>
> Yes, at 1st sight it seems there is something weird in there. On HWM demo server, I tried for instance to quick ship the demo
> order from order view. I got the same result as you. I then created a new order and with the same manipulation got a Paid status
> for the invoice. I did the same on my demo server before but beginning with the new order before, same result but opposite for
> each order (so it does not depend on the order). Note that in such case the 1st order which ends automatically with a Paid status
> shows an anomaly in order view : there are 2 lines for links (HTML and PDF) to the sole invoice. Not sure this anomaly is related
> though. Note also that after that all orders end in the same situation (invoice Paid, 2 lines) using quick ship.
>
> Did not look into details... yet...
>
> Jacques

Actually, I tried with another instance (r679686) and I found that as soon as you create a second order, quick ship it and get Paid
status all following orders will be the same (at least the following as I tested only one ;o)

Jacques

Posted by Enrique Ruibal <er...@prodigy.net.mx>.
Hello Jacques,

Just for further info, I had previously noted this with manual invoices too,
please check also

http://www.nabble.com/Clarify-invoice-status-%27ready-for-posting%27-td16243230.html#a16243230

-Enrique Ruibal

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.