Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ram prasad <sr...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/01/06 13:59:47 UTC

query

I was running Jmeter scripts through UI mode .But when
i run the scripts for 5 hours it breaks automatically
in the middle .So i decided to run it in Dos mode
using ant script.But this time it is running for 5
hours but the problem is at the end i am getting an
error java.lang.Outof memory error.I am using jmeter
2.1.1 with RAM 1 GB and OS windows XP.What could be
the reason behind the error?planning for an upgration
in RAM ?Could there be any other possible reason?

regards
ram

Re: query

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Why use an ant script? This just adds to the overhead.

The cheapest is to run scripts in non-GUI, non-remote mode, using a
command of the form:

jmeter -n -t testplan.jmx -l testplan.jtl

or equivalently:

jmeter-n testplan.jmx

Remove ALL listeners - the -l flag creates one.

You may be able to play with the JVM settings - have a look in the
jmeter shell scripts, and check your JVM documentation.

S.