Posted to announce@openoffice.apache.org by Marcus <ma...@apache.org> on 2021/02/07 23:33:33 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

07 February 2021 - Apache OpenOffice, the leading Open Source office
document productivity suite, announced today Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9,
now available in 41 languages on Windows, macOS and Linux.

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 is a maintenance release aimed at correcting
some regressions and delivering the latest English dictionary. All users
of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 or earlier are advised to upgrade.

For the complete overview see the list in Bugzilla:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-419changes

Full version of this announcement:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-419announcement

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 Release Notes:
https://s.apache.org/AOO-419releasenotes

Download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 from the original source only:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/

Follow Apache OpenOffice:
Twitter   https://twitter.com/apacheoo
Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/ApacheOO
YouTube   https://www.youtube.com/openoffice

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 08.02.21 um 11:43 schrieb Arrigo Marchiori:
> first of all I want to thank you and all the people involved with
> preparing this release!
>
> At the moment, the link on top of www.openoffice.org takes to a HTTP
> 404 page -- apparently a missing blog entry. But the site
> blogs.apache.org seems to be working and so our blog:
> https://blogs.apache.org/ooo/

the reason was an outage of parts of the Blog system. The announcement
was ready but couldn't be published and therefore not displayed for the
public.

Too bad it was while the go-live was runnning.

In the meantime I was able to publish the announcement.

> Maybe it's worth removing the link until the blog entry will be ready?

I don't think it can be removed but only pointing to other target.

> Just my two cents, as in Europe we are deep into our business hours
> and this small problem may be quite well noticed.

I know the other side would be to delay the release. But I've decided
not to wait any longer just because one task is not possible.

Marcus

Posted by Arrigo Marchiori <ar...@yahoo.it.INVALID>.
Hello Marcus,

first of all I want to thank you and all the people involved with
preparing this release!

At the moment, the link on top of www.openoffice.org takes to a HTTP
404 page -- apparently a missing blog entry. But the site
blogs.apache.org seems to be working and so our blog:
https://blogs.apache.org/ooo/

Maybe it's worth removing the link until the blog entry will be ready?

Just my two cents, as in Europe we are deep into our business hours
and this small problem may be quite well noticed.

Thank you again and best regards.

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 12:45:50AM +0100, Marcus wrote:

> Hello OpenOffice community,
>
> today we want to share with you the announcement from below.
>
> Thank You
>
> to all who have helped to make this new release happen. Especially the Mac
> community will be happy again as they can use DOCX, XLSX; and PPTX document
> again.
>
> PS:
> The Apache Blog server is having an outage at the moment. So, please be
> patient as the usual announcement is not yet there.
>
> Marcus
> (on behalf of the Apache OpenOffice PMC)

> Betreff: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released
> Datum: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 00:33:33 +0100
> Von: Marcus <ma...@apache.org>
> Antwort an: announce@openoffice.apache.org
> An: announce@openoffice.apache.org
>
> 07 February 2021 - Apache OpenOffice, the leading Open Source office
> document productivity suite, announced today Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9, now
> available in 41 languages on Windows, macOS and Linux.
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 is a maintenance release aimed at correcting some
> regressions and delivering the latest English dictionary. All users of
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 or earlier are advised to upgrade.
>
> For the complete overview see the list in Bugzilla:
> https://s.apache.org/AOO-419changes
>
> Full version of this announcement:
> https://s.apache.org/AOO-419announcement
>
> Apache OpenOffice 4.1.8 Release Notes:
> https://s.apache.org/AOO-419releasenotes
>
> Download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 from the original source only:
> https://www.openoffice.org/download/
>
> Follow Apache OpenOffice:
> Twitter   https://twitter.com/apacheoo
> Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/ApacheOO
> YouTube   https://www.youtube.com/openoffice

Arrigo

http://rigo.altervista.org

Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 released

Posted by Peter Kovacs <le...@posteo.de>.
FYI: I posted a (late) note on Facebook.

I added some info additional Infos on test distributions.

Maybe people continue to sign up.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: Sourceforge project activity feedback

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro,

Am 04.05.21 um 16:51 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi all
>
> The Sourceforge activity is now up-to-date with version 4.1.10 ;)
> Small victories on May the Fourth!

Yes!

And thank you for using the 4th...

Matthias

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi all

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Pedro,

Am 30.03.21 um 11:29 schrieb Pedro Lino:
> Hi all
>
> Following up on the issue I raised about the Project Activity at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/
> (that shows version 4.1.4 from 3 years ago)
>
> the answer from the Sourceforge staff was
>
>> On 03/24/2021 4:15 PM SourceForge.net Support & Ops <sf...@slashdotmedia.com> wrote:
>> Your activity feed has been fixed for any releases you make going forward, but unfortunately, we're not able to backfill the previous releases.
Thanks for the heads up!
> This is not what I expected but hopefully it will be fixed with the next release.

I am OK with that, given that we are already planning on the next version.

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Pedro Lino <pe...@mailbox.org.INVALID>.
Hi all