Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Cormier, Matthieu" <ma...@abridean.com> on 2007/05/28 16:36:05 UTC

Using the myfaces sandbox

Hello all,

I have downloaded the 1.1.5 version of the sandbox, and am including the
tomahawk sandbox jar in my war file.  I've added
xmlns:s="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox" to the page but the tag does
not render.

For example adding this to the page

            <s:selectManyPicklist size="5">
                 <f:selectItems >
                     <f:selectItem value="blah" itemLabel="blah"
itemValue="blah"/>
                 </f:selectItems>
             </s:selectManyPicklist>

produces :

        <s:selectManyPicklist size="5"></s:selectManyPicklist>

when the page is rendered.  What else needs to be done to get the
sandbox tags to work?

--

Matthieu Cormier

Abridean Inc.

T: 902-442-5122 x 5145

F: 902-442-5101

www.abridean.com <http://www.abridean.com/>

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail
by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer

RE: Using the myfaces sandbox

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <jk...@planet.nl>.
It looks like you're using Facelets. In that case, make sure you have a
taglib.xml file on your classpath. That's needed for a library to work with
Facelets.

Regards,

Jan-Kees

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Matthieu,

The Tomahawk taglib on the wiki  is the one most of us are using.   As
we need new components, we add new entries for them in the wiki page.
If there's an entry missing, it's probably because no one has needed
that particular component under facelets yet.

Note also that there is a Tomahawk "sandbox"-specific taglib on the
facelets wiki.   There's a link to it at the top of the Tomahawk
facelets wiki page.

It's unfortunate that the sandbox and the tomahawk taglib pages are on
two different wikis, but until someone takes the time to move one of
them to the other wiki, that'll be how it'll remain.

Please don't add entries to sandbox components to the tomahawk taglib
since this will cause problems for people not using the sandbox, but
please DO add them to the sandbox wiki page.