Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Theodosios Paschalidis <th...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/26 16:23:21 UTC

Locale Object and locale-dependent validation

Hi all,

I am trying to get my validator to detect the user's local by having this in the validation.xml, before the alternative validation
<form name="registerForm" locale="el">

As it is, it seems to use the server's default locale and not the client's.
I have already internationalized my JSPs by using
and in my Actions
Locale locale = getLocale(request);
 MessageResources messages = getResources();

Using
out.print("LOCALE: " +session.getAttribute(org.apache.struts.Globals.LOCALE_KEY)+" " );

in my JSPs I correctly prints the client's locale which is nevertheless not used by the validator.

Does the validator "look" for a local before I get it from the client?

Thank you for your time,
Theo