Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Conrad Lee <co...@parsely.com> on 2018/10/25 15:22:58 UTC

Skipped task propagation has been buggy for over a year

Dear airflow community,

JIRA is littered with issues about skipped tasks not being
cascaded/propagated correctly.  E.g.

   - AIRFLOW-2923 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-2923>
   - AIRFLOW-1784 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1784>
   - AIRFLOW-1428 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1428>

I think this is an incomplete list -- I just pulled it together with a
simple search.

I'm now running into a similar issue where I use a LatestOnlyOperator,
which results in a skip that I can't stop via trigger rules.  I thought of
writing it up as a Jira issue, but it seems like there is no point: I
already did that for a similar problem a year ago (in AIRFLOW-1428
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1428>) and nobody seems to
acknowledge the issue or care much about it.  I think the buggy behavior
crept in around v1.8.2.

Is there somewhere else I need to report on issues like this to get some
kind of response, or is the mailing list and Jira the right place?

Best,
Conrad