Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by pkc <pk...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/12 20:26:37 UTC

Wicket 6 Atmosphere - where to configure filter-mapping dispatchers?

Before atmosphere, i used a standard web.xml filter and the following
mappings:

<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>wicket</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>INCLUDE</dispatcher>
    <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
        <dispatcher>ERROR</dispatcher>
</filter-mapping>

>From the examples, I now define the filter in the atmosphere.xml which works
except I don't see a way to configure the dispatchers for FORWARD and ERROR.

<atmosphere-handlers>
	<atmosphere-handler context-root="/*"
		class-name="org.atmosphere.handler.ReflectorServletProcessor">
		<property name="filterClassName"
value="org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter" />
	</atmosphere-handler>
</atmosphere-handlers>

This is the last obstacle to my 1.5 to 6.2 migration and I already put a lot
of work into it so any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Wicket 6 Atmosphere - where to configure filter-mapping dispatchers?

Posted by pkc <pk...@gmail.com>.
Just got a response from Jeanfrancois in the atmosphere forum and dispatchers
are currently not supported by the ReflectorServletProcessor.

There is a general ticket open for better filter support:
https://github.com/Atmosphere/atmosphere/issues/157

Re: Wicket 6 Atmosphere - where to configure filter-mapping dispatchers?

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
As far as I know, the latest versions of wicket-atmosphere and atmosphere
should fall through to the default servlet handling if wicket does not handle
the request. I don't know that much about servlet configuration, but I don't
think wicket-atmoshpere changes anything in this context. You might try asking
your question on the Atmosphere framework mailing list at google groups.

Best regards,
Emond