Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2012/01/16 23:20:03 UTC

[ANN] Maven EAR Plugin 2.7 Released

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven EAR
Plugin, version 2.7

The most noteworthy in this release is the support for skinny WAR files.
It is one of the most voted on issues in our JIRA with 50 votes. We
would love to hear your feedback on this new feature.

The plugin generates a J2EE Enterprise Archive (EAR) file.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/

You should specify the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.7</version>
</plugin>

Release Notes - Maven EAR Plugin - Version 2.7

Improvement
* [MEAR-60] Improve support for skinny WAR files

New Feature
* [MEAR-87] Allow exclusion of artifacts when building the ear file.

Task
* [MEAR-140] HTML Anchors on page "EAR Modules" defect
* [MEAR-48] Remove the deprecated resourcesDir parameter

Enjoy,

-The Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven EAR Plugin 2.7 Released

Posted by Stephen Coy <st...@resolvesw.com>.
I think some congratulations are in order for this.

The skinny war support is fabulous!

I've just migrated our large multi war application to it and it's done a better job than our previously hand crafted skinny wars.

Thanks a lot.

Steve C