Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ericne <er...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/26 12:16:51 UTC

Setting non-persistence and message expiry at broker level

Hi,

Non Persistence and Message Expiry time(time to live) are javax.jms.Message
properties.

But is it possible to set these at the broker level, such that every message
arriving at a Queue is non-persistent and has a fixed time to live. I do not
wish to modify the message producer where these properties could have been
more conveniently set.

Thanks very much in advance.
Eric.

Re: Setting non-persistence and message expiry at broker level

Posted by ericne <er...@gmail.com>.
This seemed a little involved :D . For non persistence , I tried editing the
activemq/conf/activemq.xml as :
<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" brokerName="local
host" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data" persistent="false"> to add a
"persistent=false" attribute.

In the activemq logs, I could see JMS message objects arriving as
persistent=true.
Does this mean that (since the default message delivery mode is PERSISTENT),
despite any such configuration settings on the activemq.xml , the messages
will continue to pass as persistent.

Thanks for the help again.
-Eric.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.