Posted to dev@drat.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/07/27 16:38:56 UTC

[VOTE] Proposal to move DRAT to the Attic

Sure.

Thus far, I count +1s expressed during various threads from

Karanjeet Singh

Phil Ottlinger

Tyler Palsulich

Chris Mattmann

The VOTE can remain open through this week for at least 72 hours.
I’ll tally the results if there are any more at the end of the week and
declare the result in a [RESULT] threat.

If anyone wants to declare further opinions, please use below:

[ ] +1 move DRAT to the Attic and allow the repo to transfer back to Chris Mattmann’s Github

[ ] +0 Don’t care

[ ] -1 don’t move DRAT to the Attic and allow the repo to transfer back to Chris Mattmann’s Github because…

Thanks,

Chris Mattmann

From: Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>
Date: Monday, July 27, 2020 at 9:36 AM
To: "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Proposal to move DRAT to the Attic

Would the PMC like to do a formal [VOTE] thread?

On 7/23/2020 4:57 AM, P. Ottlinger wrote:

Am 22.07.20 um 19:00 schrieb Chris Mattmann:

+1 to move to the Attic.

+1

Also as I mentioned, if the Board approves that, I would like to work

with infra to transfer

the repo back to github.com/chrismattmann.

+1

Cheers,

Phil

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [VOTE] Proposal to move DRAT to the Attic

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
I’ll just clone the repo and continue development from there in chrismattmann/drat where it began.

Sorry for any confusion. I just wanted to maintain the history. The one sucky part is that I will lose the small amount
of stars/watchers etc but that’s fine.

Thanks,

Chris

From: Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>
Date: Monday, July 27, 2020 at 3:22 PM
To: "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [VOTE] Proposal to move DRAT to the Attic

The basic problem is that I don't understand the difference between what

you want and a clone. When I examine my clones of OpenOffice, I can see

the logs and changes going back to when it was a podling in 2011. I

don't want to be in the position of trying to explain to the board

something I do not understand myself.

On 7/27/2020 3:06 PM, Chris Mattmann wrote:

Roy already mentioned that it was something he was amenable to. I would

request a transfer of the repo so I could keep the history and so forth since

I did the original transfer of the repo to Apache from my person GitHub. It’s

not an absolutely necessity but in the vein of good will and Apache, if the

RAT PMC is in the affirmative to Attic the project and transfer the repo back

to me and it would otherwise just be in the Attic, I do not see why I need to

attend the Board meeting for this.

Chris

From: Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>

Date: Monday, July 27, 2020 at 2:32 PM

To: "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>

Is that infra transfer a normal operation?

Maybe you should attend the board meeting so you can present this yourself.

On 7/27/2020 9:49 AM, Chris Mattmann wrote:

To be honest, there is enough emails and consensus – more than many projects

that we Attic’ed in the 5 years I spent as a member of the Board. I wanted to

capture the things up for discussion. I’m not asking to clone the repository. I’m

asking for infra to transfer it back to my ownership as that’s where it came from.

The 3 other PMC members have replied in the affirmative to that. So I wanted

to capture that decision.

I think it’s fine.

Chris

From: Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>

Date: Monday, July 27, 2020 at 9:45 AM

To: "dev@drat.apache.org" <de...@drat.apache.org>

I am concerned about adding the repo disposition to the vote, just

because it does not match the standard resolution. Presumably you can

clone the repository under the normal ALv2 licensing and continue work

on it regardless.

From: Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
I think all we need to do to close out the action item is put the
"Terminate DRAT" resolution in the August agenda.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ma...@apache.org>.
Perfect that works for me thanks Roy!

Chris

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.